MOOCs through SWAYAM & SWAYAM PRABHA
SWAYAM-AICTE Online Courses
All SWAYAM and AICTE courses are offered through SWAYAM portal. SWAYAM portal offers 4-, 8- or 12-week online courses typically on topics relevant to students in all years of higher education along with basic core courses in sciences and humanities with exposure to relevant tools and technologies online.
- SWAYAM platform is developed by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and AICTE.
- SWAYAM is an on demand digital platform for distance education.
- To register for SWAYAM MOOC, no mandatory qualifications are required. There is a flexibility in learning.
- SWAYAM hosts all courses being taught from 9th class to PG, to be accessed by all free of cost.
- Non-Credit Course includes courses like awareness programme, continuing education programme or training of specific skill set as independent course which are not part of any set curriculum and are of shorter duration. For example, foreign language courses.
- Credit Course is a course which is taught for at least one semester as a part of subject/programme
- Credit Transfer: UGC and AICTE has adopted SWAYAM courses for credit transfer. At the end of each course, student is assessed through proctored examination and the marks/grades secured by the student are transferable to his/ her academic record if he/she is studying in any institution.
- Students can pursue 20% courses of a regular university programme through SWAYAM MOOCs.
- SWAYAM MOOCs are broadly categorized into Disciplines: Aerospace Engineering, Agriculture and Food Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology And Biosciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Design Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical And Materials Engineering, Multidisciplinary, Ocean Engineering, Physics, Textile Engineering etc.
- Four quadrant approach is followed in SWAYAM MOOC: eTutorial, eContents, Web-resources, Self-assessment, and discussion forum. Enjoy the learning by using audio-video, multi-media and state of the art pedagogy / technology. Reading material can be downloaded / printed. There is a discussion forum for raising doubts and clarifying them on a near real time basis.
- SWAYAM is a One-stop web and mobile based interactive e-content for all courses. SWAYAM is going to be the world’s biggest repository of interactive electronic learning resource under a single window. So far, more than 1,25,00,000 students have got themselves registered on SWAYAM platform.
- The students opting for the SWAYAM MOOCs must register themselves on SWAYAM platform well before the last date at https://swayam.gov.in
- The required facilities for the credit SWAYAM MOOC like laboratories, computer facilities, library, Wife, 24 x 7 Internet facility etc. will be made accessible to the students by the Institute for free.
- SWAYAM MOOCs videos are also transmitted in ‘SWAYAM Prabha’ DTH education channels on 24X7 basis. Every day, there is a new content for at least four hours, which would be repeated five times a day allowing the students to choose the time of their convenience.
- AICTE Video Contents have been made accessible to all through Campus Wide Network / Wifi. LED along with DD Free Dish for SWAYAM-PRABHA Program has been installed in the TV room The students can visit and watch SWAYAM MOOC lectures as per schedule.
- All students must visit SWAYAM portal and get themselves registered.
- Download SWAYAM android mobile app from Google Play. All SWAYAM MOOCs are accessible through this app on mobile. 24 x 7 Internet with Wifi facility available in the institute as well as in the Hostel for free.
- You should also enroll for non-credit courses of your choice to earn and share valued certificates.
- Every student of the Institute should register for at least one SWAYAM MOOC.
- Students are encouraged to opt for flipped classroom model wherein the SWAYAM videos are seen by students at home with subsequent discussion in the class. It would help in improving the quality of learning.
- Students can watch SWAYAM-PRABHA Program DTH education channels at the TV room.
- Each student should opt for Credit and Non-Credit courses of choice from SWAYAM. However, the credit courses wherein transfer of credits to the Institute academic degree are required, must be opted through Director cum Dean (Academics) only with prior permission.